The new and improved Applied Test Systems (ATS) Bending Beam Rheometer 3 (BBR3) has been designed to perform flexural tests on asphalt binder and similar specimens per AASHTO T 313, AASHTO TP 87, ASTM D6648, and BS EN 14771 specifications as part of the PG grading system according to Superpave. An ATS original, the BBR3 is the first of its kind to offer an internal computer system incorporating touch screen technology.
Each BBR3 consists of a fluid bath base with a built-in touchscreen computer, load frame, external refrigeration unit, and a calibration kit with carrying case. Used in part to determine a sample’s critical cracking temperature and low temperature PG grade, the BBR3’s -40⁰C to 25⁰C temperature range is efficiently calculated by a platinum RTD measuring device. The 500g load cell and changeable specimen supports easily transition the BBR3 for crack sealant testing.
Designed to be user friendly and efficient, the BBR3 allows operators to enter a multitude of customizable test parameters. A built-in Ethernet connection allows users to monitor their equipment remotely using a tablet, smartphone, or other mobile device.
- Part of our CE Approved Asphalt Bitumen/Binder Testing Line
- Touchscreen controller with easy to use, step-through instructions
- Integral stainless steel, corrosion resistant construction
- Leveling legs
- Languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Arabic
- 500 gram load cell with mechanical overload protection
- 0.25 Linear Variable Displacement Transducer (LVDT)
- NIST traceable platinum RTD
- Mechanical refrigeration system
- Cooling coil located in test bath. No pumping required.
- Programmable test parameters, detailed test reporting
- Digital controls
- Out of tolerance indicator lights for: air bearing, LVDT, load cell, RTD, load shaft alignment, & system check
- USB port on front and back of unit for software updates and data downloads, as well as printer connection
- Ethernet capabilities
- Latest BBR software
- Load frame featuring integral stainless steel friction-less construction
- In-line stainless steel loading shaft with blunt point
- VNC Viewer – Remote monitoring capabilities with smart phone or tablet app.
- Specimen Mold Kit for (5) Molds
- Aluminum casing bars, mylar strips, & holding bands
- 127 mm. length, with end piece location marks
- 6.4 mm thick, 12.7 mm wide
- Calibration Kit
- (1) Step disk & index
- (4) 50 gram weights
- (2) 2 gram weights
- (1) Confidence beam
- (1) Non-compliance beam
- Wooden storage case
- Crack Sealant Mold Kit for (6) Molds
- Holding bands
- Aluminum bars, end pieces, & plate
- (12) 165.00 mm x 19.00 mm Side Bar
- (12) 12.70 mm x 19.00 mm Spacer Bar
- (6) 177.00 mm 13.00 mm Bottom Plate